Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 226

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking)

  1. #111
    Inactive Member ERIC M HANSEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gus&Charlie...I ordered from tower records last week/ War greatest hits/..And gus !I love "low rider"/Three dog night/Grand funk railroad/ &Cactus /Greatest Hits And also a cool 6-c/d box-set from the late 60's with yardbirds /Jeff beck ect.......Have a good one Eric [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  2. #112
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    The Band 'The Last Waltz' (What a great band The Band was)
    This is one FANtastic album with some great special quests:
    Neil Young
    Joni Mitchell
    Dr. John
    Neil Diamond
    Paul Butterfield
    Muddy Waters
    Eric Clapton
    Van Morrison
    Bob Dylan
    Ringo Starr
    Ronnie Hawkins
    Ron Wood
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #113
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our church is doing their annual Summer give-a-way this weekend. I went today and a lady was unloading Vinyl records (drool) and I thumbed through and found some great pieces and as i was nearing the back of the box I found....(drumroll puleeze!) a near mint condition copy of FOXES Soundtrack, I added it to my collection [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Happy am I, the Real Roger

  4. #114
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Good find Roger! I'm sure you'll give that 2lp set a good home. As I recall, I found mine at the swap meet "record wagon'
    many [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] ago! And it's still in mint condition!
    Great photos of Cherie on that gatefold sleeve, wouldn't you say? And some great music to boot.
    A way cool Giorgio Moroder production!!
    I love the way the music was woven into FOXES. Great music. Great Cast. Great story. What more can you ask for???
    <marquee>Long live vinyl!!</marquee>
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    GD

  5. #115
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am in a punk mood today. On the turntable (or in line to be on the turntable)
    The Jam - In The City
    Eddie & the Hotrods
    Bow Wow Wow - c30 c60 c90
    Johnny thunders & heartbreakers - Live LAMF

  6. #116
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Best Of the Runaways
    Evanescence-Fallen
    Cyndi Lauper_Hatful Of Stars
    For The Love Of Harry_Everybody Sings Nilsson
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #117
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Col. Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Live.

    Cool stuff!

  8. #118
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    It's gonna be a Traveling Wilburys Solo Weekend.
    Such an awesome band they were!
    Nelson, Lucky, Charlie T, Otis and Lefty were a wonderful breath of fresh air in the late eighties, IMO!

    George Harrison 'Cloud Nine'
    Bob Dylan 'Shot Of Love'
    Tom Petty 'Full Moon Fever'
    Jeff Lynn 'Armchair Theater'
    Roy Orbison 'Mystery Girl'

    Maybe a little something by John Lennon too. I always thought of him as an Honorary Wilbury.

    The Elton John Band featuring John Lennon! (Madison Square Garden)
    This is John Lennon's last live performance in November 1974! //oo\\
    Whatever Gets You Through The Night
    Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
    I Saw Her Standing There

    Have a good'n!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #119
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Glad you like The Eyeliners Gus~ that's the nite I met Sir L. and all I can say is: I've fallin, QUICK someone give me Mouth to Mouth Hahaha... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    I'm sooo bad
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] Hee,hee... [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  10. #120
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Okay...I have taken some plunges this weekend. Charlie has highly recommended a couple artists to me so I picked up these live CDs
    when opportunity knocked!

    Govt Mule_The Deepest End 5/3/03
    The Derek Trucks Band_LIVE 10/23/03

    Thanks for the "recommendations" Charles! I love both groups. Derek Trucks guitar playing is fantastic and his band seems to cover a wide range of musical styles and in a way cool blend.
    Govt Mule is great music too. It's interesting how they had all the guest bassists in this performance. Great musicians all and each song takes a distinctive turn too.

    Also new to me and blasting out my speakers this labor day weekend is 'The Eyeliners' Here Comes Trouble CD. This was "recommended" to me by NewYorkJettster and I can see why!
    They really do ROCK! Really really fast too!

    Thanks for being a positive force in my musical enjoyment Charlie and NYJ!
    U 2 B Rockin' MY World!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic